Application for Certificate of Citizenship
- Form N-600 (269 KB PDF)
- Instructions for Form N-600 (100 KB PDF)
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (239 KB PDF)
Purpose of Form
This form is an application for a Certificate of Citizenship.
Number of Pages
Form 9; Instructions 9
12/16/12. Previous editions not accepted.
Where to File
Mail your Form N-600 to the USCIS Phoenix Lockbox facility:
U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
USCIS P.O. Box 20100 Phoenix, AZ 85036
USPS Express Mail/Courier:
USCIS Attn: Form N-600 1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S Suite 100 Phoenix, AZ 85034
$600. See exceptions under “Special Instructions.”
The fee for most applicants is $600. There are two exceptions:
- The fee is $550 if filing for an adopted child.
- There is no fee if filing for a member or veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces – proof of service required. However, the fee for a child of a veteran or member of the U.S. Armed Forces is the normal $600 fee ($550 if child is adopted).
To ensure your application is accepted, please ensure that you:
- Check only 1 box in Part 1, Information About Your Eligibility. If you check more than one box, we will return your application for correction.
- Pay the correct fee.
- Sign your application in Part 7. A parent completing Form N-600 on behalf of a child younger than 14 years of age can sign in Part 7. If someone prepared the form for you (such as an attorney), they must sign in Part 8.
- Submit required photos: See the Form N-600 instructions for information.
Attorney or representative: You may be represented, at no expense to the U.S. Government, by an attorney or other authorized representative. Your representative must submit Form G-28, Notice of Entry or Appearance as Attorney or Representative, with your Form N-600. Your representative may also submit Form G-28 at the time of your interview