o3 dependent visa raynor associates

O-3 Dependent Visa:

Wondering how to get a visa? Visa requirements for U.S. citizens and for visitors born abroad differ greatly. If you qualify for the O-3 visa, Raynor & Associates may be able to help you achieve your immigration goals in the United States.

Introduction to the O3-Visa

The O-3 Dependent Visa is a non-immigrant visa set aside for the spouse and unmarried children of O-1 and O-2 visa holders. Because you can qualify as a relation for holders of these two visa categories, it is important to understand them as well.

The O-1 visa is for foreign nationals who have received major prizes or other recognition for their achievements in the arts, sciences, education, business and athletics. An O-1 visa applicant typically has a U.S. job offer.

An O-2 visa is issued to “essential support personnel” of the O-1 visa holder. Their visa status is contingent upon the prospective O-1 holder obtaining the visa. After the O-1 holder loses or terminates the O-1, O-2 and O-3 holders lose their status as well.

Requirements for the O3 Visa

As the O-3 visa is only for close relatives of O-1 or O-2 holders, its requirements are simple.

A prospective O-3 visa holder must:

  • Be the recognized spouse of the O-1 or O-2 holder under applicable law; OR
  • Be a dependent child of the O-1 or O-2 holder who is unmarried and under age 21.

A prospective visa holder cannot apply for the O-3 visa independently. Their visa status will be contingent upon the O-1 or O-2 holder’s successful application.

The O-3 visa is conferred upon an individual for an initial period not to exceed three years. If the O-1 or O-2 holder needs additional time to complete the event or activity that required a visa, he or she may apply for extension.

With an O-3 visa, you may:

  • Reside in the United States with your family;
  • Travel outside the U.S. on short trips and re-enter the country;
  • Engage in full- or part-time study in the United States.

However, O-3 visa holders are not permitted to work in the United States.

Are You Qualified for This Visa?

If you believe you may be qualified for this visa, it’s important to speak to an experienced Encino immigration attorney. With the right legal help, you can accelerate your visa process and avoid costly, time-consuming pitfalls.

Raynor & Associates offers the highest-quality legal assistance. Our affordable prices, convenient financing and free payment plans make it easy to get the help you need. For a free telephone consultation about your individual case, contact us.

Immigration Attorney Los Angeles | Immigration Lawyer Los Angeles | US Immigration Law Firm | O-1 Visa To Green Card | Eb-5 Immigration