Individuals interested in entering the United States to marry an American citizen, and reside in the U.S. should apply for a K-1 Visa. The K-1 Visa enables you to apply for conditional permanent resident status.
The following documents are required for the K-1 Visa:
- A passport, valid for travel to the United States for a duration more than the intended period of stay by at least six months.
- A birth certificate.
- A divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse.
- Police certification of all the places you have lived since the age of 16.
- A medical examination.
- Evidence of support.
- Evidence of a valid relationship with your fiance(e).
- Two recent photographs 1 & 1/2 inches square (37mm x 37mm) , with the entire face visible. The picture should be taken before a light background and without head covering.