K-4 Children of K-3 visa

The K4 visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows the children of a K-3 spouse visa holder to enter into the U.S. and await the availability of an immigrant visa.

To qualify for K-4 visa, you must be:

•  Less than 21 years old
•  The unmarried child of a K-3 applicant
•  Seeking to immigrate to the U.S.

On K-4 visa, you may:

•  Reside in the U.S. with your family while waiting for the approval of your immigrant  visa petition
•  Apply for a work permit using Form  I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
•  Travel outside of the U.S. on short trips  and return •  Study in the U.S.

On K-4 visa you may not:

•  Change to any other nonimmigrant status
•  Enter into the U.S. if you have been temporarily barred for previous violation of the U.S.  immigration laws

The K-4 visa is valid for two years with multiple entries, or until the age of 21, whichever is shorter, you may apply for extension of stay using Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Nonimmigrant Status, 120 days prior to the expiration of your authorized stay. Extensions will be granted in two year intervals

Your K-4 status will be automatically terminated 30 days following:

•  Denial or revocation of the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, filed on your behalf
•  Denial or revocation of the immigrant visa application filed by you
•  Denial or revocation of your application for adjustment of status to that of lawful permanent resident
•  Divorce of your K-3 parent from the U.S. citizen
•  Your marriage or 21st birthday

The BCIS may grant you permission to take up employment in the U.S. To obtain Employment Authorization you will need to file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with the BCIS Service Center which covers your place of residence in the U.S after your arrival there, you may study in the U.S. while awaiting the issuance of an immigrant visa.

Immigration Attorney Los Angeles | Immigration Lawyer Los Angeles | US Immigration Law Firm | O-1 Visa To Green Card | Eb-5 Immigration