The O-1B visa is an employment-based visa for the individual who possesses “extraordinary ability” by sustained national or international acclaim in the arts or has demonstrated “extraordinary achievement” in the motion picture or television industries.
For the arts, an individual must show that they have acquired distinction in their field. For the motion picture and television industry, the applicant must show that they have reached a level of substantial acclaim.
Are You Qualified for an O-1B Visa?
- Have you received national or international acclaim for your artistic achievements?
- Have you demonstrated a degree of skill and recognition substantially above your peers?
- Have you been nominated or received a major national or internationally recognized award?
- Do you anticipate a large salary for your performance?
If you answered “yes” to any of these, you may be eligible for an O-1B visa.
What is Necessary to Apply?
- A petition form must be filed with the USCIS office no more than one year from the time the applicant’s services will be needed.
- A written advisory opinion from a peer group (or distinguished individual) within the applicant’s field of expertise.
- A copy of any contract between the applicant and their perspective employer. If no contract exists, a summary of the elements of an oral agreement may be accepted.
- An itinerary of all events, activities and employment dates that the applicant will be participating in.
- Evidence that the applicant has been nominated for or has received a major, internationally recognized award (such as an Academy Award) or at least three of the following:
- Performance as a lead, starring or critical role in productions or events with a distinguished reputation as evidenced by critical reviews, ads, endorsements, publicity releases, etc.;
- Achievement of national or international recognition as shown by published materials;
- A record of major commercial or critical success as shown by rating, standing, box office receipts, etc.;
- Reception of significant recognition from organizations, critics, government agencies or other recognized experts in their field;
- A high salary or other substantial remuneration for services in relation to others in the field as shown by contracts or other reliable evidence.
Call Raynor & Associates at 1-877-872-9666 or please use our contact form for a free consultation about securing your O-1B visa. Our firm is particularly well known for helping global celebrities come to the United States for a medium- to long-term basis. Our offices are located in Los Angeles, but we can assist you regardless of where you live in the world.