O-2 visas may be obtained in Encino, CA, for foreign nationals who act as essential support staff for individuals holding O-1 visas in athletics, the arts, television, and motion picture productions only. It does not apply to business, education, or sciences.
This visa will allow you to travel without restrictions throughout the United States while the visa is valid, plus 10 days before and 10 days after. They are issued for periods up to three years and may be extended on a one-year basis indefinitely.
Relatives who accompany O-2 visa holders may apply for O-3 visas.
To qualify for O-2 visas, you must establish that:
- You have knowledge, experience or skills that are essential to the performance of an individual who is in the United States with an O-1 visa.
- There are no workers in the United States who have equal qualifications
It is possible that you will also have to demonstrate that your association with the O-1 holder is substantial, unique and longstanding. The organization that is sponsoring the O-1 visa will be required to corroborate all of these assertions.
You will be asked to provide:
- A completed Form DS-156;
- A completed visa application;
- A passport that is valid for travel within the United States for a minimum of six months longer than the period you intend to stay;
- An extra passport photo;
- Documentation supporting your association with the O-1 visa holder;
- Documentation of your qualifications to provide essential support to the O-1 visa holder;
- Documentation of non-immigrant status, showing that you will be returning to a home outside the U.S.;
- Copies of any contract or agreement between you and the employer, including details regarding activities, itineraries and dates.
In order to obtain O-2 visas in a timely manner, it is necessary to comply with all of the requirements exactly as specified. We at Raynor & Associates are dedicated to helping our clients navigate the complexities of U.S. immigration law as efficiently as possible. For more information about work-based visas, how to get a visa, or about visa requirements for U.S. citizens, please contact us for a free consultation.