B-2 Tourist Visa is Suitable For:
1) Tourists on a pleasure trip to the U.S.
2) People visiting friends and relatives in the U.S.
3) People coming to the U.S. for medical treatment
4) Foreign nationals coming to the U.S. to marry a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder, upon establishing to the consular official and the INS that after the marriage, they will depart from the U.S., even though intending ultimately to immigrate
5) Amateur athletes, musicians etc. who participate in their respective activities in the U.S. without remuneration
6) People coming to participate in the conventions of social organizations
7) Dependents of alien members of the U.S. armed forces temporarily assigned duty in the U.S.
8) Dependents of crewmembers (D visa holders) or B-1 visa holders solely to accompany the principal foreign national
9) Dependents of nonimmigrant for whom no derivative classification is available. For example, the elderly parent of an E visa holder
10) Persons to enter the U.S. to apply for special naturalization benefits on the basis of U.S. military service
11) Persons seeking a change to another visa status if they so advise the U.S. Consulate, and if the consulate is fully appraised of the circumstances
12) U.S. citizens, green card holders and nonimmigrant visa holders to invite their friends and relatives to the U.S