Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act Request
Purpose of Form
This form is used to request access to information under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts.
Number of Pages
Form 2; Instructions 3.
01/29/12. Previous editions not accepted.
Where to File
See the form for directions on where to send your application.
Do not use this form:
- To determine the status of pending applications. (For status inquires, write to the USCIS office where the application was filed or call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.)
- For consular notification of a visa petition approval, (use Form I-824 Application for action on an Approved Application or Petition).
- For the return of original documents, (use Form G-884, Request for Return of Original Documents).
- For records of naturalization prior to September 27, 1906, (contact the clerk of court where naturalization occurred.)
- For information on USCIS manifest arrivals prior to December 1982, (contact the National Archives.)
- To obtain proof of status (i.e., Social Security benefit, Selective Service requirement).
Certifications: Certification of Nonexistence of a Record involves an agency decision. The Office of Records Management prepares this documentation. Requests for this service should be addressed to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services ATTN: Records Services Branch, 1200 First Street, NE, 2nd Floor, Washington, D.C. 20529-2204.
Note on Filing Fee: The fee charged for a FOIA/Privacy Act Request may vary. See the instructions on the form itself for further details. You do not need to send any money with your request.