Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
- Form I-140 (449 KB PDF)
- Instructions for Form I-140 (300 KB PDF)
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (239 KB PDF)
Purpose of Form
Use this form to petition for an alien worker to become a permanent resident in the United States.
Number of Pages
Form 6; Instructions 9.
03/05/13. No previous editions accepted.
- To ensure your Form I-140 is accepted for processing:
- Pay the correct filing fee of $580
- Sign the form
- Fill out the form completely and accurately, particularly these required fields:
- Part 1 – Family Name or Company/Organization Name
- Part 1 – Address
- Part 1 – IRS Tax # or SSN (does not apply to Petition Types 1.a. (Alien of Extraordinary Ability) or 1.i. (National Interest Waiver)
- Part 2 – Petition Type
- Part 3 – Date of Birth
- Submit the required evidence listed in the form instructions